Most of our volunteers start here.
If you’d like to volunteer at Smiles Central, you’ll assemble craft kits and decorate gift bags for kids in the hospital in order to get to know the organization. To get started, give us a call at 717-412-4759 or email email@example.com
If you would like to volunteer off-site at your home, church or other situation, please see below.
Assemble craft kits, decorate bags, and create cards for children in medical facilities. Click the appropriate link for the information you need. Please note that we do not furnish supplies for off-site individuals or groups. However, keep track of your expenses In-Kind Donation form. Keep track of the time spent on volunteering on a Volunteer Time Sheet. Those forms are listed below. Submit that information to us when you drop off your projects or if you are shipping, please make sure that those forms are included. If you do not include that information, there’s no way to know who donated it and what time was spent on completing the projects.
Card-making & Bag Decorating Information
- Card Making guideline video on YouTube.
- Download our Card Making guideline flyer.
- Download our Card & Bag Sayings table tent.
- Bag decorating guideline video on YouTube. These bags will be used for our Bags of Smiles.
- Bag Decorating Tips flyer.
Most needed kits:
- Friendship Bracelet Kit instructional video on YouTube
- Friendship Bracelet Kit instructional flyer
- Friendship Bracelet Kit: insert-instructions for the child receiving it
- Foam Bookmark Kit: Instructional video on YouTube.
- Foam Bookmark Kit: Instructions for volunteers assembling.
- ‘We Hope You Have Fun’ kit inserts (use for all foam kits – for child receiving kit)
Other important forms for those volunteering off-site.
- Volunteer Time Sheet – Record the time you spent volunteering
- In-Kind Donation Form – Submit your contact information and what you donated (including costs of supplies)
Drop-off or ship your completed items to our office.
Caitlin’s Smiles, 3303 North Sixth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110