Here are the opportunities for your business to become involved with Caitlin’s Smiles!
1. VOLUNTEER SESSIONS: Set up a volunteer session for your employees. Your company can host a volunteer session at your facility, or bring a small group to ours. This is a great team-building activity for co-workers. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Kate Grenoble, at Volunteer.CaitlinsSmiles@Comcast.net or call 717-412-4759. She is in the office on Monday and Tuesday each week.
- SMALL GROUPS: If you would like to bring in a small group of 10 or fewer of your co-workers to Smiles Central, we’d be happy to have you volunteer at our facility. Daytime hours are available, but spots do fill quickly. Normally, your session will be booked about 2 months out (or more) from the time you contact us. If you have a certain date or time in mind, please contact us at least 2-3 months prior to that date. Our hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 am until 5 pm. Volunteers are asked to bring a small donation of a puzzle of 100 pieces or less, or a box of reclosable plastic bags (any size/any brand).
- LARGE GROUPS: If your group is 11 or more, volunteering from your office or facility is an option. We can help guide you by sharing information about how you can go about purchasing supplies and assembling kits, creating cards, and decorating bags for our organization. Please, keep track of your expenses and fill out an In-Kind Donation Form. Your company will be provided with a letter of acknowledgment for your donations and the donations are tax-deductible. Your complete kits, cards, and bags can be shipped or dropped off at our facility at 3303 N. Sixth Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
2. WALK in the HIGHMARK WALK FOR A HEALTHY COMMUNITY: This is another great team-building activity. Each year in May, Caitlin’s Smiles participates in the Highmark Walk for A Healthy Community. Registration begins in early February. Highmark maintains and provides secure websites for every participant to accept donations. Companies are encouraged to form a team and ask their employees to join. Most recently, Central Penn AAA formed a team and donated $30 on behalf of each employee to participate in the walk. In the past Penn National Insurance has supported a walk team for Caitlin’s Smiles as well. Once the event is live for the 2023 event, a link will be provided here.
2. SUPPLY DRIVE: Supply drives are a great help to Caitlin’s Smiles and give groups a fun project! You can focus on one or two items from our Wish List, such as puzzles (100 pieces or less), coloring books, or puzzle books. Or collect anything from the Wish List. All items must be new. For example, for the past five years, Amazon warehouses throughout the region have been collecting Play-Doh for the kids served by our organization. (Please, no glue sticks.)
3. SPONSOR A FUNDRAISER: Caitlin’s Smiles holds 3 regularly scheduled fundraisers each year. Each event is unique and is in need of financial support from the community.
- A Round of Smiles Golf Tournament – This annual golf tournament fundraiser brings together supporters for a fun day of golf at Sportsman’s Golf Course, 3800 Linglestown Rd, Harrisburg (Susquehanna Twp). 18 holes of golf, gift packet, on-course refreshments, snacks, and steak dinner following the tournament. Prizes for Top 3 teams, closest to pin on par 3, & longest drive. Raffle and Silent Auctions. Sponsorships range from $200 to $5,000. Click here to purchase tickets and to view sponsorship opportunities.
- A Night of Smiles Art Auction – Sunday, October 9th, 2022 at the Sheraton Harrisburg Hershey Hotel at 4650 Lindle Road, Harrisburg, PA. This annual event brings together supporters, volunteers & donors for an amazing night of giving. The event offers food and fellowship along with a silent auction. The highlight of the evening is the live auction of artwork created and presented by children who have received services from our organization. Sponsorships range from $500 to $4,000. Click here to learn more about sponsoring A Night of Smiles.
- Caitlin’s Smiles Bingo – This annual event takes place each March. Sponsorships and donations are needed for prizes. Contact us at Office.Caitlinssmiles@Comcast.net for more information.
4. DONATE ITEMS FOR SILENT AUCTIONS – Each of our Silent Auctions is filled with items generously donated by businesses, organizations, and individuals. Your business can donate items that you manufacture, put together a themed basket, or purchase items or artwork to donate to the auctions.
5. HOST YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER – Create a fundraiser at your workplace. In the past, companies have hosted dress-down days and Cooking Contests (i.e Mac & Cheese, Chili). Other ideas include having a bake sale, organizing an activity workshop – like a paint night, having a car wash, or hosting a sports tournament – like a kickball or softball game/ tournament.